Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

Celebrating a New Year!


Happy New Year!

Here's a festive Cheers toast to 2018 card. I went with a retro feel for this Magenta celebration card both in colour and design.



I started by cutting a piece of Ingrid pattern paper into a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2 " panel, adhered it to a cardbase, and using the Stars stencil, I inked it with Gold Glitz Delicata ink and then slightly offset with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Then, I cut a champagne glass out of Canson XL watercolour paper using a Silhouette cut file. I also cut out the "cheers" sentiment from cardstock at the same time. I covered the glass shape with a very watery watercolour using Golden Yellow Nuance. Once dry, I added more Golden Yellow powder to the water and a tiny touch of Ocean Nuance powder to create a champagne colour. Then, I dabbed it in to create the look of bubbly liquid being sure to leave a highlight area. Once that was completely dry, I used Gold Glitz Delicata ink to stamp the Script and Postmark script sections onto the entire shape. While that was drying, I used a black Sharpie marker to colour the vinyl Retro Alphabet Peel Off numbers for 2018 and covered the cheers die cut with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Vegas Gold embossing powder. Next, I used the small Bubble Path Duo stencil and Unicorn pigment ink with a stub to add in bubbles on the glass and background along with a circle outline with a Stardust Gelly pen. Once I adhered all the pieces to the background, I added the teeniest sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Moonshine sequins to give it the finishing bubbly touch.

So to start the year off in a festive manner, I am entering this celebratory card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Party Challenge.

Hope you have a happy, healthy and creative 2018!

TTFN,


Supplies: Ingrid patterned paper, Stars and Bubble Duo stencils, Nuance powders [Golden Yellow & Ocean], Script and Postmark stamp, & Retro Alphabet Vinyl stickers (Magenta), Gold Glitz Delicata, Black Tuxedo Momento and VersaMark ink (Tsukineko), Vegas Gold embossing powder (Emerald Creek), Unicorn white pigment ink (Hero Arts), Canson XL watercolour paper, cheers and glass cut file (Silhouette store), Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura), black marker (Sharpie), assorted Moonshine sequins (Simon Says Stamp)


*****

Magenta products used:
Produits Magenta utilisés:
ME234 INGRID - 10 Sheets
ME234
TM179 Bubble Path Duo
TM179

Script and Postmark
95.085.M
Nuance - MNU008 - Golden Yellow
MNU008
Nuance - MNU025 - Ocean
Retro Alphabet
POM1596


*************

No comments: